What to do if you have a complaint

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service, we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure below. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

Our Complaints Procedure

If you are dissatisfied with the service provided by the firm, or with the way in which we have dealt with your job, or bill (whether or not you are the client), you are entitled to complain:


What will happen next?

If the person dealing with your matter and to whom you may have initially informed of your concern or complaint, has been unable to resolve the matter satisfactorily and you feel that you wish to take the matter further; we will take the following action:–

  1. We treat any complaint very seriously and will make every effort to deal effectively with it.  Your complaint will be acknowledged within 5 working days from receipt.
  2. We will investigate your complaint, discuss the issue with the person dealing with your matter, and respond fully to you, as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days in normal circumstances.
  3. If, for any reason, we are unable to respond properly within 14 days, we will tell you why, and when we do anticipate replying in full.  It may be considered appropriate to discuss the problem arising with you personally.
  4. Although unlikely, if you remain unhappy with our response you should contact us once more to explain why.
  5. We will review your comments and, if appropriate, arrange for another partner to review the decision.  We would aim to be able to respond to you within 14 days of receiving your request to review our initial response.


What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving our final response to your complaint


  • No more than one year from the date of the act or omission being complained about; or
  • No more than one year from the date when you should reasonably have known that there was cause for complaint.


For more information about the Legal Ombudsman contact:


Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.


Legal Ombudsman,
PO Box 6167,

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.